Who we are?
- Mercaz Seattle is a welcoming Modern Orthodox kehillah in North Seattle committed to bringing Jews together through learning, prayer, and friendship.
- We are devoted to halacha, intellectual openness and deep questioning with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
- We encourage active involvement and participation in a friendly, multi-generational atmosphere.
- Mercaz gathers for meaningful learning, spirited tefillah, music, holiday celebrations and retreats.
- Mercaz is participatory and community driven and strives to promote spiritual growth and enrich Jewish life in general.
What do we do?
- We gather once a month for a song-filled Kabbalat Shabbat
- We meet weekly for meaningful Shabbat Morning tefillah, Kiddush and learning
- We gather once a month for third meal and malavah malka, ushering Shabbat out and starting the new week together
- We have a side by side mechitza and we focus on having a respectful and inclusive prayer environment
- We learn Jewish texts together weekly
- We bring teachers and musicians into the community and run retreats for Shavuot and other holidays
We meet at 6011A 37th Ave. NE Seattle, WA 98115.
Take the walkway on the right side of 6011 to the back and down the stairs. Follow the signs. Please contact us with accessibility questions.